Sunday, April 29, 2018

Just Desserts: Bubble Tea & Egg Puff at Teapsy Cafe

Bubble milk tea and an egg puff. #yegfood #yegeats #whyteave #nomnom #bubbletea

A post shared by Paula E. Kirman (@livingsanctuary) on

I had to kill some time on Whyte Avenue and stopped in to Teapsy Cafe for a cold drink on the first hot afternoon of the season. I ordered a bubble milk tea, which was served in a tall glass that was wider at the bottom so it was a bit awkward sucking the tapioca balls out, even with the wide straw. The tea itself was a somewhat bitter, which means it was probably strong. I hadn't had any coffee yet that day, and found myself suddenly not jonesing for caffeine afterwards. I also had an egg puff, which has a flavour similar to a waffle but is made up of a bunch of round balls that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It was a lot of fun and went well with the drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment