Thursday, December 21, 2017

Beef and Vegan Sausage at Otto

I finally got a chance to visit Otto this past week, and it definitely lived up to the hype. A very cozy neighbourhood establishment, it wasn't all that busy on a Friday night. My server was very friendly and helpful. I loved how the menu was divided into pork and non-pork sausage options. I had the beef bratwurst and a vegan sausage. The vegan sausage was hearty, totally nailed the texture, and had a slightly sweet taste to it. The beef bratwurst was incredible. I'm not a huge fan of beef sausages because I find they often taste like hot dogs, and I don't love hot dogs. However, this sausage had more of a texture and flavour reminiscent of a kofta kebab - ground beef with seasonings in a very thin casing. Intensely flavourful. For my side I had a small dill coleslaw, and it was extremely fresh without the dill being overpowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment