Sunday, February 5, 2017

Breakfast for Lunch: Smoked Salmon, Egg, and Toast at BRU

Yesterday's brunch - smoked salmon and egg on toast. #yegfood

A photo posted by Paula E. Kirman (@livingsanctuary) on

I had a meeting at BRU Coffee + Beer House this past weekend. I was already familiar with BRU's coffee, and as it was time for lunch, was delighted to discover that BRU offers brunch on the weekends. I had what was an attractively arranged open-face sandwich on rye, with smoked salmon, hard boiled egg (my request, as opposed to the soft boiled egg on the menu), and avocado, with a dill yogurt dressing. I held the cream cheese. There was a lot of smoked salmon, and the yogurt was light and wonderful with the garnish of fruit on the side. Unfortunately, it's hard to get ripe avocados at this time of year, and my server even apologized for the fact the wedges were chewy. While falling short of perfect, I did enjoy the dish overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment