Thursday, July 7, 2016

Tempura Chicken & Pretzels at Metro Billiards

Pretzels and chicken tempura #yegfood

A photo posted by Paula E. Kirman (@livingsanctuary) on

I am one of the photographers for the gallery Latitude 53's Patio series this summer, and while on a break last week I went next door to Metro Billiards for a quick snack. During happy hour on weekdays, appetizers are on for two for $15, which is a pretty good deal. My tempura chicken was not what I expected - I thought it would be bite-sized pieces, but instead I had a helping of chicken tenders in a crispy batter, with sweet and sour sauce drizzled throughout. The fried wantons added extra crunch, while the diced cucumbers provided some freshness and a flavour profile to balance the spice from the sauce. My pretzels were hot, soft, and delicious, with a spicy mustard dip that had a hint of curry. I should have brought a friend - I could not finish all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment