Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Chicken Souvlaki at Urban Greek

Chicken souvlaki #yegfood

A photo posted by Paula E. Kirman (@livingsanctuary) on

I am often in the area of City Centre, and wanted to try Urban Greek on the recommendation of a friend. However, whenever I am around the line up is so long that I don't have time to wait. Until last week - I was able to quickly place an order and get one of the few tables available. I had the chicken souvlaki entree, which came with two sides. I chose rice pilaf and Greek potatoes. The rice was nicely done with vegetables, but the roasted potatoes ruled the plate: perfectly cooked with garlic tzatziki sauce on top. The one skewer of chicken was densely packed and seasoned to perfection, with yet more tzatziki on the side for dipping. Fast, reasonably priced, and delicious - I will be back, if I can beat the line up!

No comments:

Post a Comment