Thursday, March 31, 2016

Grilled Chicken and Rice at Maki Maki

Grilled chicken and rice #yegfood

I have been visiting Maki Maki for pho on a regular basis lately, but wanted to try something different on a lunch stop there this week. Most of the vermicelli bowls had pork, which is a no-no for me, but I noticed grilled chicken and steamed rice with vegetables. The chicken was incredible, with a deep grilled flavour infused with lemongrass. The rice was plain but plentiful, and did well with the soy sauce on the table. The vegetables were just a few cut pieces of fresh tomato and cucumber, and was more like a garnish. The chicken was definitely the star of the plate, and I hope Maki Maki can make a vermicelli bowl with it.

1 comment:

  1. Can look at my blog to see prices, and nutritional facts of chicken at different grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete