Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Just Desserts: Pumpkin Mousse Cake at Block 1912

Pre-Blues coffee and dessert #yegfood

Before going to see one of my favourite bands at Blues On Whyte, I decided I needed some coffee and dessert to keep me going throughout what was going to be a late evening. I headed a few doors down to Block 1912 for coffee and a piece of pumpkin mousse cake. The top of the cake was fluffy mousse, with a thin layer of moise spiced cake underneath. Delicate sprinkles of dark chocolate enrobed the outer layer. The mousse part itself did not taste much from pumpkin - one had to scoop up the mousse and cake together for the full flavour experience. This was one of the lighter desserts I have had here, as far as a cake can go, and made a good after-dinner treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment