Friday, September 4, 2015

Vegging Out: Padmanadi Seafood Delight

Vegan seafood #yegfood

When I go to Padmanadi I tend to order the tries-and-true, at least as far as I am concerned. When I went there this past week I decided to try something different: the Padmanadi Seafood Delight. And what a delight it was. I don't know how they do it, but the "seafood" had the right look and texture (as far as I could tell as a non-seafood eater). The fried potato bird's nest was filled with "shrimp," "fish balls," and "scallops," as well as a healthy portion of veggie ham, as well as a variety of vegetables in a smoky mushroom sauce. The bird's nest gave a sort of "fish and chips" feel to the dish. It took me a few moments to get over the weirdness of it, but then I really enjoyed myself. I am adding this to my list of things to order again.

Mixed vegetable soup #yegfood

To start the meal I shared a vegetable combo soup with the others at my table. True to its name, it was full of veggies, as well as tofu and veggie chicken. A great way to start the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment