Friday, July 17, 2015

Fish and Chips at Brewsters

Fish and chips, and Pimms and Sprite. #yegfood

Thursday night is British Pub Night at Brewsters and this meant a two-piece haddock and chips at a reduced price, with Pimms and Sprite as a drink special. So, guess what I had? The Pimms and Sprite was an extremely light and refreshing cocktail. I could see myself enjoying this more often during the summer months. Pimms is gin with a sort of caramel taste (and colour). The drink went well with the fish and chips, in a crispy beer batter full of moist fish. The tartar sauce had a slight citrus flavour to it, and the coleslaw was made with grainy mustard, which I found quite unique flavour-wise as far as coleslaw goes. I actually enjoyed dipping my fries in the tartar sauce more than the fish. In general, I found the whole British-inspired meal to be jolly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment