Thursday, May 28, 2015

Vegging Out: Veggie Satay Chicken Sub at Nhon Hoa

Veggie satay chicken sub #yegfood

I needed to grab some supper quickly while en route to a writing workshop I was giving last week at the Boyle Street Plaza, so decided getting a sub at the Chinatown location of Nhon Hoa was the way to go. As it was rather late in the afternoon, they had sold out of a number of their vegetarian options, so I went for one they still had: veggie satay chicken. I took my sandwich to consume in the room where I gave the workshop. The consistency of the veggie chicken was remarkable realistic, and the stay sauce was slightly too spicy for me, but excellent in flavour. I should note that a few days later I had a shredded veggie chicken sub (what I had originally wanted) at the Whyte Avenue Nhon Hoa location, and the flavour and texture of the chicken was not as good as this one. I would definitely have it again if I was in the mood for a banh mi that is vegetarian and spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment