Monday, April 6, 2015

Bhel Puri at Naanolicious

Indian lunch with pakoras and bhal puri. #yegfood

Sometimes when I go to Naanolicious with another person, we order an assortment of finger foods and share. In addition to the delicious (and gluten free) vegetable pakoras and fish bites, we tried the bhel puri for the first time. It reminded me of a bagged mix my dad used to sometimes bring in from the grocery story, with rice-based crunchy noodles, puffed rice, and peanuts on top of coriander and tamarind sauce. It was crunchy and fun and I could see it going very well with beer. I would have liked it a little wetter - the tamarind sauce was very sparse at the very bottom, and a little more cilantro would have made the drier top part be a little less one note.

No comments:

Post a Comment