Thursday, July 3, 2014

Smoked Salmon and Avocado Salad Rolls

Smoked Salmon Avocado Salad Rolls

I popped into Pho Delight for a quick supper alone a couple of Saturday evenings ago and in addition to the soup I ordered (medium steak, of course), I was intrigued by the smoked salmon and avocado salad rolls advertised as a special. Very refreshing and delicious, each of the four rolls featured a generous amount of avocado and smoked salmon, along with noodles, basil, and other vegetables typically found in a salad roll. It was indeed a unique combination. I found that the peanut sauce, the same which accompanies other kinds of salad rolls, did not really go well with the flavour combination. Hoisin or plain soy sauce would have been a better choice. However, I was impressed that the avocado was of perfect ripeness (over-ripe avocado makes me gag).

No comments:

Post a Comment