Sunday, July 13, 2014

Just Desserts: Two Treats at Block 1912

Peach Nectarine Cobbler

Block 1912 is one of my favourite coffee shops, not just because the coffee is excellent, but because of the incredible, original desserts. When I wanted a treat, but something lighter, I tried the peach and nectarine cobbler. I loved the gluten free top crust, but found there was not a lot of fruit underneath. I also should have opted to have the dessert cold instead of heated up - I think some of the moisture might have gotten lost in the process.

Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake

On another visit, I had the chocolate cheesecake brownie. Wow. This was a mouthful. A rich chocolate brownie was topped with cheesecake, and baked with actual chunks of chocolate. It tasted exactly like it sounds! Oh, and if that wasn't enough, it was topped with whipped cream and chocolate crisps. I could not finish. Two people could easily share this.

No comments:

Post a Comment