Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Dyna Bites and Paneer Naan

Dyna Bites by raise my voice
Dyna Bites, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Another Saturday, another visit to Blues On Whyte, and another supper at Naanolicious.

On this evening I had the opportunity to try an appetizer dish that had not yet crossed my lips: Dyna Bites. Each "bite" was a double decker paneer (pressed cheese) sandwich with mint chutney in the middle, breaded and deep fried.

"Bites" is really a misnomer. Each piece was a good two or three mouthfuls. The pieces got most of their flavour from the chutney and accompanying dipping sauce, while the cheese itself was chewy and rather dry.

I also tried a wedge of the paneer stuffed naan, which had a bit of a creamy texture and did not taste much different than the basic butter naan.

No comments:

Post a Comment