Friday, January 17, 2014

Smoked Meat Sandwich at Culina Muttart

Smoked Meat Sandwich by raise my voice
Smoked Meat Sandwich, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I went to the Muttart Conservatory last week to take in the new Lunar New Year feature display. I also wanted to meet someone for lunch, so it just made sense to dine at Culina Muttart.

I had been here once before for brunch, but that was a couple of years ago. The small lunch menu had a number of sandwiches, soups, salads, and a few mains. I opted for a sandwich with a side of salad, in this case the smoked meat, and the salad was the sweet and spicy slaw.

The sandwich was piled high with fresh, lean smoked meat. The bread was a panini that was so fresh, literally every bite was crunchy. I skipped the cheddar, and could have done with less of the spicy mustard (I will definitely tell them to go easy next time).

The slaw was a meal in itself, and reminded me of a teriyaki stir fry, except cold. The vegetables were crunchy and fresh, and it was an excellent pairing with the sandwich.

$11 for a sandwich and side is a reasonable price to pay for an excellent, fresh, delicious lunch. I can't wait to come back and try another sandwich or one of the mains.

No comments:

Post a Comment