Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pancit Canton at Panciteria de Manila

Pancit Canton by raise my voice
Pancit Canton, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I ended up at Panciteria de Manila for supper last night because of its close proximity to Brittany's Lounge, where I was performing in a variety show.

I decided to try pancit, which is the signature Filipino noodle dish. It normally comes with shrimp and/or pork, but the kitchen was kind enough to use chicken in my case.

The noodles and chicken were under a deep layer of raw or slightly steamed vegetables like broccoli, carrots, and lots of cabbage. I did not eat most of that since I was concerned about my, ahem, stomach integrity for my upcoming performance.

However, the noodles and shredded chicken were also plentiful, in a light, slightly salty, soy-based sauce that collected at the bottom of the bowl like a broth. The flavour was not all that robust, but this is a healthy, simple dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment