Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Veggie Shepherd's Pie

Veggie Shepherd's Pie by raise my voice
Veggie Shepherd's Pie, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I did not expect to end up at Blue Plate Diner for lunch today, but that is exactly where I was.

My vegetarian shepherd's pie was a warm, comforting dish. The interior was a vegan chili with tomatoes, corn, and beans at its core, topped with Dijon butternut and potato mash. The mash tasted mostly from plain potato, and the inside was not too liquidy so that the pie retained its form throughout the meal.

Even though the portion is quite adequate, the meal came with a choice of side so I had to have Blue Plate Diner's fresh-cut fries.

By the way, the other meal on the table is the grilled veggie sandwich and a side of salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment