Sunday, December 15, 2013

Breakfast for Lunch: Urban Diner

Poffertjes

I haven't been to Urban Diner in ages, so when I ended up spending some time on 124 Street on Saturday, I headed there for brunch.

I started out with an order of poffertjes, which are small pancakes served with chocolate sauce and hot maple syrup for dipping. This was one of the dishes featured on the Food Network's You Gotta Eat Here. I can see - I mean, taste - why. These little morsels absolutely melted in my mouth.

Eggs with Chicken Sausage

Next up was my main course of two eggs, hash browns, toast, and chicken apple sausage. The eggs were done to perfection and large, and the has browns are very unique by incorporating sweet potato. Two huge pieces of toast would otherwise round out the meal, but I opted for the two egg breakfast with a side of meat. In this case, I chose the chicken apple sausage, which costs slightly more but is well worth it. The huge, dense, sausage is full of flavour, slightly sweet, and is probably the best sausage I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment