Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Dinner at Murrieta's

Quinoa saute at Murrieta's #yegfood

I was excited to have supper on the weekend at Murrieta's. I was in a vegan state of mind, so opted for the quinoa saute, which was a deep dish of the delectable grain with roasted vegetables, lentils, and chickpeas, finished with olive oil and herbs. The flavours blended very well and all of the protein in the chickpeas and lentils really filled me up. I especially liked how the tomatoes added moisture to the dish.

Flour less brownie #yegfood

A healthy main course made me feel less guilty about having dessert. The flourless brownie was so rich, it was almost like eating a chocolate bar, except gooier. The ice cream added moisture and the berry compote was a little too sweet - it was already a sweet dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment