Friday, May 17, 2013

The Pho Files: Phobulous

I have never really cared much for Phobulous. The name alone was a turn off. I found the prices high, the place pretentious, and the pho really not that great.

However, after one of my social media friends said he thought Phobulous was one of the best places for pho in Edmonton, I decided to give it another chance. I am glad I did. My pho tai (rare steak) was almost overflowing with meat, had lots of noodles, and the broth was very rich and flavourful. It was one of the best bowls I have had outside of Chinatown in a long time. And at around $10 for the serving, it was fair for the portion.

To say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. I have a feeling Phobulous will become my south side pho destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment