Friday, May 3, 2013

Steak and Fries at the Sugar Bowl

I needed some nourishment before the big May Day march and rally on May 1. The Sugar Bowl had just the atmosphere and food I was craving.

It also had the beer - I enjoyed a Blanche de Chambly from Unibroue as I ordered my entree of steak and frites (French fries).

The Spring Creek Ranch steak was marinated, tender, and quite thick. It was a little heavy on the marinade, but fortunately it was a good one. The fries were crispy obviously home made, but the best part was dipping them in the ketchup and chipotle mayo - both also home made and incredible.

The vegetables mentioned on the menu came in the form of a spring mix salad with vinaigrette. It added some colour to the plate and balance to the flavours.

My only "beef" (sorry - I can't seem to avoid that pun) is that my steak was not cooked to order - not even close. I did get a discount on the meal and still enjoyed the food - I would definitely order this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment