Thursday, April 11, 2013

Szechuan Beef at Garden Bakery

Szechuan beef #yegfood by raise my voice
Szechuan beef #yegfood, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

When we had lunch yesterday at Garden Bakery I decided to go with one of my favourite westernized Chinese meals: Szechuan Beef.

A word to describe my meal is: mountain. For $9 I had a huge pile of white steamed rice covered in crispy beef shreds and vegetables. I would have labelled the meal ginger beef, as the sauce had a mild and pleasant ginger taste, while Szechuan beef tends to be spicier. That aside, it was wonderful. The sauce enhanced the rice and there was no way I was going to be able to finish the entire meal. Fortunately, I was eating with someone who has a never-ending appetite, so little went to waste (although I am sure for both of us much of it went to waist).

No comments:

Post a Comment