Thursday, March 28, 2013

Breakfast for Lunch: Trying Tasty Tom's

Tasty Tom's (9965 82 Avenue) is definitely one of Old Strathcona's gems. It is a very homey diner with German-inspired mains, lots of sandwiches and burgers, and an extensive brunch menu. There is also a lot of beer and other beverages available.

I tried the steak and eggs off the brunch menu, and found my meat and eggs to be cooked exactly to my specifications. The steak was broiled and soft, getting most of its flavour from its marinade.

The home fries definitely made my plate though - not greasy, perfectly seasoned, and with fried onions bringing the flavour up to another level. I would come here again just for these mouth-watering potatoes.

The meal also comes with toast, which I skipped due to this week being Passover. I did not miss it. The portion size was adequate enough. Service was also wonderful and the place is absolutely charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment