Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Chicken Adobo at Panciteria de Manila

Chicken Adobo by raise my voice
Chicken Adobo, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Occupying the space formerly housing the late, lamented Noodle Maker, Panciteria de Manila is a family-run business that offers a selection of Filipino rice and noodle dishes.

For my first venture at this restaurant, I decided on the chicken adobo, which featured a generous amount of chicken chunks on top of a bed of garlic rice. The rice was not overly tasting of garlic, and the tomatoes added colour to the dish. The egg was scrambled, adding protein, colour, and substance to the dish. I liked how the chicken was not overpowered with seasonings. The natural flavour of all of the ingredients really worked well together. And at only $7.99 ($6.99 plus an extra buck for a fountain pop) the value is excellent too.

No comments:

Post a Comment