Sunday, January 13, 2013

Combination Plate the the New Tan Tan

New Tan Tan #yegfood by raise my voice
New Tan Tan #yegfood, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I was at a rally Friday in the bitter cold, so I went for the closest restaurant I could find in which to warm up and get some nourishment. New Tan Tan (10133 97 Street) is quite a popular destination from what I heard, and was glad it was across the street from Canada Place, where I was.

Known for Dim Sum, there is also a regular lunch menu. I had one of the combination plates. The ginger beef was cooked to perfection - not too hard or soft. The veggies came with chicken, not beef as stated on the menu, but I was not disappointed as the vegetables were very fresh and the chicken actually tasted like chicken (I find a lot of meat and veggie dishes have weird tasting meat). And, of course, the chicken fried rice rounded out the plate.

The meal was around $12 and I found it more than ample in terms of portion. Service was very attentive and friendly, and the place was bright and clean (and had nice washrooms). I would definitely head here again for a great lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment