Saturday, November 3, 2012

Chicken Pho at Pho Rice Pot

Chicken Pho by raise my voice
Chicken Pho, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

There is a cold tearing its way through my household, and while I know I am not immune, I thought chicken soup for lunch the other day would be a good idea.

Yes, we were at Pho Rice Pot again. It has become my go-to spot in the West End for Asian food. I ordered the Pho Ga, and made a request to have it in chicken broth instead of the default beef.

The chicken was plentiful and tasted very fresh. The broth was more delicate than beef, without the aromatics. I could have used some of the herbs to the side, but they were not brought to the table. Still, it got more flavourful throughout the meal, and was steaming hot.

I will definitely have this again, but perhaps in the beef broth with a bolder flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment