Friday, September 7, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup - Almost a Meal

Chicken Noodle Soup by raise my voice
Chicken Noodle Soup, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I often have meetings at Spinelli's Bar Italia at the north side location of the Italian Centre on 95 Street and 109 Avenue. Now that Spinelli's also serves food in addition to great coffee and treats, I try to get there early to have lunch.

I had a piece of tomato and olive focaccia as I often do, but cycling had made me even more hungry so I ordered a bowl of soup as well. The soups change daily, and today one of my favourites was available.

I love chicken noodle soup, even the generic stuff out of the can. Spinelli's took it to another level. The soup was so thick with pasta and chicken, it was almost a stew. The portion was also quite generous for $5. If the other soups here are similarly delicious, I think I may have to start trying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment