Sunday, August 19, 2012

Shredded Tofu Sub at Nhon Hoa

Shredded Tofu Sub by raise my voice
Shredded Tofu Sub, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I wanted a light lunch on Saturday as I waited for my shift at the Fringe to begin. I headed to Nhon Hoa on 102 Street for a vegetarian banh mi (Vietnamese submarine sandwich). I wanted shredded veggie chicken, but they were out of that, so I had shredded tofu instead.

The tofu was more crumbled than shredded and I was surprised it was cold. I have had the regular tofu sub before, and the protein was hot. The tofu was slightly seasoned and there were also some clear noodles in the sandwich. Of course, my favourite parts are the mayo, cilantro, picked carrots, and the warm, crunchy bread.

At only $4.50, this sandwich was a great value and was actually quite filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment