Sunday, July 15, 2012

Breakfast for Lunch: Chicken and Waffle at The Sugarbowl

Chicken and Waffle by raise my voice
Chicken and Waffle, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Enticed by a recent episode of "You Gotta Eat Here" on I headed to the Sugarbowl for its famous Chicken and Waffle brunch item.

I don't usually consider chicken to be a brunch item, but this take on a southern dish would be satisfying at any time of the day. I loved the chicken's breading in particular. My only wish is that is was more crispy. The maple butter, while delicious, was a bit too generously poured over the two juicy breasts. I would have preferred a more reserved drizzle, perhaps with some more to the side for dipping.

Speaking of the side, that is where the salad should have been (like it was presented on television). Putting it between the breasts and waffle made for a warm, wilted mess. A tasty mess, though, with the maple butter as dressing.

Presentation flaws aside, this was definitely a meal to remember - and I will be back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment