Monday, June 4, 2012

Steak Sandwich at Chili's

Steak Sandwich by raise my voice
Steak Sandwich, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I owed someone a birthday supper, and Chili's was his restaurant of choice.

At the Westgate location, I had a steak sandwich. The weight was not listed on the menu, but I am guessing it was six ounces, and cut very thick. I ordered mine well done, and while I disagree with the restaurant's menu explanation that well done still has some pink inside, I was happy with how my steak was done. It was quite flavourful from the grill. The dollop of garlic butter ("steak butter" I was told) was quickly put to the side after receiving my meal. Dousing a steak in butter is simply foreign to me.

The onion straws atop the garlic toast made for a nice bed for the meat. As for the fries, they were seasoned nicely but nothing special.

I would have this again, but maybe with another side.

No comments:

Post a Comment