Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Pho Files: Pho Ga at Ngu Binh

Pho Ga by raise my voice
Pho Ga, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Lunch today was at Ngu Binh (15620 95 Avenue). I opted for the Pho Ga (chicken pho), in part lured by the menu description of chicken breast.

The broth was chicken instead of beef, which made for a lighter texture. It had fewer layers of aromatics than the beef counterpart (at least, the last time I had it), but it was a deep, rich chicken broth. The fried onion bits dominated a little (I have no idea why those are often used in pho ga).

The chicken was mostly fresh, white breast meat as promised. And there was plenty of it.

Overall, this was a very satisfying bowl of pho, and while I prefer the beef-based variety, a nice alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment