Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Pho Files: Pho Ga (Chicken Pho) at Ho Restaurant

Pho Ga (Chicken Pho) by raise my voice
Pho Ga (Chicken Pho), a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I stopped in to the new Ho Restaurant (also known as Pho Ho ) on 97 Street and 107a Avenue. Even though it was quite balmy outside, I was craving a steaming bowl of Pho Ga, which is pho with chicken.

The broth was hot and aromatic, with its flavour coming from typical pho seasonings without any of those awful dried onion flakes some places use. I think the base was chicken instead of beef, as it was light in colour and texture. Noodles were bountiful, as was the amount of chicken which absorbed much of its flavour from the broth but also at times had its own unique flavour, bordering on nutty.

This was one of the best bowls of Pho Ga I have had in quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment