Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hamburger at Hotel Selkirk

Hamburger by raise my voice
Hamburger, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I went for the burger on the lunch menu at the Johnson Cafe. First of all, you will notice my plate looks rather empty. That is because, even though we ordered our soups to start, the server interpreted that we wanted our soup as our sides. Otherwise, the burger would have come with fries. This was not a big deal, as I am trying to watch both my waistline and my budget.

The burger meat was AAA Alberta beef and it was dense, cooked to perfection, and very flavourful. I could have lived without the cheese bun - I ordered no cheese on my soup or burger, so the fact that I was not told about this in advance came as much as a surprise as the cheese bun itself. Who serves a burger on a cheese bun?

I would suggest that the Johnson Cafe be more specific in their menu descriptions. In this day of allergies being prolific, it would be helpful to both customers and the servers trying to help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment