Saturday, March 3, 2012

Coffee Break: Latte from The Carrot

Latte from The Carrot by raise my voice
Latte from The Carrot, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Coffee and community go hand in hand for me quite often. Going for coffee is an opportunity to socialize, to do business, or to enjoy some local culture.

I get all of this and more at The Carrot, a community arts coffeehouse on Alberta Avenue. Run almost entirely by volunteers, The Carrot is a cozy place to hang out with friends, while enjoying the beautiful art adorning the walls. Performances are also often held in the intimate space, and local artisan's crafts are also for sale.

An organization I am working with is holding an event this coming week at The Carrot, and as several of my co-planners had never been there before, we seized the opportunity to introduce them to the space. They were impressed.

What was also impressive was my latte. It wasn't fancy. It didn't have cute art on top. But it was one of the richest, smoothest lattes I have ever enjoyed. I was hopped up for the rest of the afternoon.

Head to The Carrot for coffee and community. It's a great combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment