Monday, February 20, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie by raise my voice
Chicken Pot Pie, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I have been spending a lot of time at Wild Earth Cafe lately (85 Avenue and 142 Street). Most of the time, I am drinking coffee. However, on Saturday I ventured there for lunch after a long hike through Buena Vista Park after attending the Silver Skate Festival.

I was quite hungry, indeed. I ordered a chicken pot pie ($8) and enjoyed the densely packed chicken and vegetables that were housed within the tasty crust (which I wish was a bit crisper on top). Unlike many pot pies I have had, this one did not have a lot of liquid in it, making it quite substantial for a small pie.

But like I said, I was quite hungry, so alone the pie was not enough. Fortunately, Wild Earth sells a number of salads and soups which go well as a side dish. I'll get to that in a moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment