Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Satay Chicken Rice Bowl at Rice Bowl Deluxe

Rice Bowl Deluxe is an independent, Asian fusion fast food restaurant in Callingwood. The menu is full of choices inspired by Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Indonesian, and Chinese cuisine.

I had a Chicken Satay Rice Bowl. Four skewers of chicken were atop a medley of vegetables in a plastic bowl within the larger bowl, containing coconut rice. I had to extract the bowl and pour it into the larger one, which was a bit awkward.

The veggies and rice were tasty enough, but the chicken did not taste fresh to me, and seemed undercooked in a few places. The peanut sauce was served to the side and was average.

Overall, I was not impressed enough to plan another trip here in the near future, although I would be willing to give Rice Bowl Deluxe a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment