Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Filet Medallions at Tony Roma's

Filet Medallions by raise my voice
Filet Medallions, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

Tony Roma's is one of my favourite restaurant chains in part because of the affordable lunch menu. For $7, $8, or $9 a customer can order from a variety of dishes, most of which are smaller versions of items on the main menu.

When lunching yesterday at the Westmount location, I decided to be decadent and went with one of the $9 options: the filet medallions. Two adorable three ounce steak pieces were set atop a thin slice of garlic foccacia, and served with coleslaw and one choice of a side. I opted for fries.

The medallions were grilled perfectly to my specifications - the photo makes them look a bit burned, but they weren't. They were well done, and I am impressed they were as good as they were without turning into shoe leather. They were fun to look at and even more fun to eat. Tony Roma's coleslaw and fries are consistently good - not out of this world, but definitely enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment