Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Breakfast for Lunch: Smoked Brisket Eggs Benedict

I went back to Ricky's All Day Grill on 170 Street with the expectation of having a simple lunch of eggs, hash browns, and toast. Instead, I was greeted with a featured menu of new items to try and vote for. The items with the most votes will be integrated into the regular menu.

The Eggs Benedict with Smoked Brisket caught my eye. I went for it, with the hollandaise to the side. My eggs were hard cooked, as per my instructions, but it was the brisket that blew me away. Thinly slicked, crispy, and perfectly marbled, at first glance I thought I had mistakenly been served bacon. The smoky taste was reminiscent of bacon as well. Along with the sauteed peppers and onions underneath, it was a great flavour combination.

The hash browns were a bit on the greasy side, but plentiful, and the fruit was more like a garnish, but overall this was a great meal. I hope it makes it to the regular menu, because I would love to have it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment