Sunday, September 18, 2011

Back to Battista's: Pesto Presto Calzone

Pesto Presto Calzone by raise my voice
Pesto Presto Calzone, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I was in northeast Edmonton yesterday in the midst of numerous photo shoots, and decided to head back to Battista's to try another one of their fabulous calzones.

Mama Mia was once again sold out, so I went for the Pesto Presto, an expertly layered sandwich of pesto, sliced chicken, mozzarella, and tomato sauce. The pesto totally came out on top here, mixing perfectly with the other ingredients. The chicken had a very subtle taste and blended in.

I also was thrilled to try the Nutella calzone, the one dessert item on the menu. Nuttella tastes good to me no matter how you spread it, and on the warm dough with fresh strawberries, I was almost licking the drippings off my fingers.

I come for the food and the people - next time, it is Mama Mia or bust!

No comments:

Post a Comment