Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ichiban Again - Bento Box

Bento Box by raise my voice
Bento Box, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I am so glad that Ichiban expanded their hours to include Sunday evenings, because I am strapped for a place to go when I became hungry on my way home today. The only other dining choices in my immediate vicinity were greasy fast food places.

So, without shame I entered Ichiban and sat at a table for one. It was early enough that the supper rush had not begun (it was in full swing when I left, though). I ordered a bento box. Supper menu bento boxes come with miso soup, salad, rice, and your choice of three items. I called my bento creation the "triple teriyaki" because I decided to have teriyaki chicken (an entire breaded breast slicked), beef (tender and moist on a bed of sprouts), and salmon (a filet, still on the skin - salmon skin, when cooked properly, is delicious and full of essential fatty oils).

It is a meal large enough to share and reasonably priced at $18.50. I enjoy eating a variety of foods within one meal, so my love affair with the bento box is surely to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment