Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Folk Fest 2011 #2 - Veggie Pita

Food - EFMF 2011 by raise my voice
Food - EFMF 2011, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.

I decided to have each meal or snack at the Folk Fest from a different food vendor. I noticed a Mediterranean food stand offering wraps and platters. When I go to the Folk Fest, I tend to be in a vegetarian frame of mine, such is the hippy that I am. As a result, I went for the veggie pita wrap. It was filled with grilled eggplant, zucchini, and peppers, as well as lettuce. A thick spread of hummous was on the inside of the pita, while the veggies were covered in a refreshing tahini sauce. While the pita bread was crisp, the fillings were all cold, which I believe was intentional - the veggies were chilled, not room temperature from sitting. The wrap was a great flavour combination and the perfect lunch on a very hot afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment